• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now I'm in for it.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got tired of looking at my Algers empty headlight buckets, so I pulled in the new connectors I got from SS. I chose a tribar style headlight with led turn signals integrated to the bottom of the lens20221011_140941.jpg

I am using these nice little heat shrink connectors. They have heat shrink tubing, hot melt adhesive and solder all in a simple package.

Before heat.
20221011_133806.jpg

After heat.
20221011_133845.jpg

What type of wire loom clips should the headlight wiring be carried in under the fenders? I dont see any originals left there.

Attachments

• 20221011_133806.jpg
    20221011_133806.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
53912.jpeg Today I test fit the drivers seat in the car. Back when I bought it, the seat was in pieces, and the track was not installed, today was the first time I actually sat in the drivers seat. With the wider trans tunnel, I could not imagine trying to get three pedals and my two size 14 feet in that foot well. I think the tan looks good with the blue.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
View attachment 27123 Today I test fit the drivers seat in the car.
, today was the first time I actually sat in the drivers seat.
Did you test the doot mirror position before fitting?
The bullet mirrors mount low amd close to the surface...they are notoriously hard to see ... Especially if you are taller.
You might want to go for a longer stem to move it further from the body

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I spent some time adjusting the mirrors since I had the seat installed today. Yes, it is hard to see much out of them. They look much better from outside the car than they do from the drivers seat.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I spent some time adjusting the mirrors since I had the seat installed today. Yes, it is hard to see much out of them. They look much better from outside the car than they do from the drivers seat.
Yes they need to be further out from the body.. And ideally further forward.. But that second part is to late.

As much as im not a fan of the lucas stem style mirrors....they work much better.

Alternative is to get the large head bullet mirrors... Some corba places stock them

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
What type of wire loom clips should the headlight wiring be carried in under the fenders? I dont see any originals left there.

On my series V, which has the original wiring loom, the wires are just loose under the fenders from the headlamp to the grommet where they enter the engine bay. The wires are twisted around each other, though.

upload_2022-10-13_13-54-32.png

Mike

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Interesting. So to get to the passenger side finder, do the wires follow along the rear side of the front crossmember?

I will continue to have this type of question since nearly all of the wiring had been stripped from my project car before I bought it. I can glean some indo from photos on the web, but I could really use this type of info from our more experienced members. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So, they go across the cabin behind the dash and down the other fender under the hood? I have the remnants of some kind of clip on the trailing edge of my crossmember. What do you suppose ran there?

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nerve wracking, I drilled the first holes through my new paint today. Mounted the starter solenoid. 20221104_123525.jpg

I have a few other bits to mount. 250 amp fuse for the main battery positive cable, and 40 amp resetable breaker to supply the rest of the fuse panel which will live under the dash.

20221104_123947.jpg

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So I mounted the fuse block and started pulling some wires through the fire wall. I chose to mount the fuse block under the dash on the drivers side.

20221126_161239.jpg

I added this 40 amp resetable breaker on the main lead from the solenoid to the fuse block.

20221126_161220.jpg

I have not made up a battery lead yet. I bought enough heavy wire to make up cables for the battery, alternator and starter. I also bought a cheap hydraulic crimper to swedge the ends on.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oh, I will have questions for you Steve well before I am done. I spent a bit of time tonight reviewing the switch diagrams you mailed out to me.