• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIV GT Interior (s)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am attempting to restore the interior trim in my Red GT BW. The GT was saved from the scrap yard more than 30 years ago. There was not much of the trim left when I became the "proud" owner of a truly rust bucket.

I am struggling with some of the original pieces of the metal trim I was able to salvage and or restruct, along with pieces I have been able to purchase from our supportive members.

Now comes the part where I am attempting to put the pieces of the puzzle together:)

Don'tt know if I have them all and not for sure how they fit together is where I have found myself.

In a few PIC's you will be able to see various components from "other" GT's.

Help me answer a few questions, provide guidance where you can and I am fully open for constructive critism in this project.GT_Upholstery_20221109_133937[1].jpg GT_Upholstery_20221110_130810[1].jpg GT_Upholstery_20221110_131050[1].jpg

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Dan there should be a cardboard piece covered with your vinyl that covers the B post and does a 90 degree turn to the tabs you've pointed to. On the differential hump I believe it should be vinyl glued to the car?? Hope this is helpful.
Jeff

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jeff, Thanks, I thought there would be something like you said to cover the Bpost.

Wish I had a pattern! Just may fabricate my own if no one comes to the rescue.....

Agreed with you on the differential hump. Think that will work.

You did good,

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, this is the piece look carefully and you will see that the cardboard has a bend to wrap around the b door pillar
Its kinda odd that the piece and the wheel well trim piece cover each other. I may drill and use small sheetmetal screws on those tabs and then tuck the b pillar piece under......... or get an opinion from an upholsterer!!!

Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 38

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
the whole thing is a bit of a Rubiks cube!!!!! LOL
Thanks Bruce. That made my day, even if it is 8:30PM EST.

I came in a bit early to get away from the "cube":)

Think I will get out some thin cardboard and do a template so I can make a few pieces out of thin metal in lieu of a hard water proof board.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Bruce. That made my day, even if it is 8:30PM EST.

I came in a bit early to get away from the "cube":)

Think I will get out some thin cardboard and do a template so I can make a few pieces out of thin metal in lieu of a hard water proof board.
Anytime!!!

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I like the idea of using metal for the substrate. You may even give FRP a try ( fiberglass reinforced panel ) though I don't know how tight a radius you can put in it for the B pillar.