• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need help/advice about FB Marketplace

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I joined Facebook in March and listed a few items with no issues, until recently.

Anybody on here have decent experience with Marketplace I can speak with? I've never known of an organization (FB) that is so user-unfriendly.

Mark.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mark, I don't do facebook. Know very little about the other types of social media.

Maybe Greggers or Jim will give you an answer.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have sold some things through a local FB Marketplace group without any problems, but generally avoid the general marketplace. My understanding is that FB does nothing to police it and scammers love it. It is a free way to reach a lot of people but I think it is definitely a buyer (and seller) beware kind of place.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Also they do not want businesses posting for sale ads. You actually need to read the terms of your membership. They just recently changed that. Hope that helps.
Jeff

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Being a novice on Marketplace, I just can’t understand what’s happening or how to correct my problems:

Until about a month ago, all was well. Then in September I listed a few more things but they wouldn’t come up in search results – even though my seller dashboard showed the items as “active”. I reached out to guys I know locally and in NY, FL, TX, CA and NV but they couldn’t find them. After a week, I started editing one, thinking I was doing something prohibited, but no joy. So, last week I deleted all my current, sold and past listing to start with a clean slate. But when I created a new listing from scratch, that one doesn’t show up either. WTH?

If that isn’t enough, yesterday afternoon I was looking through Marketplace listings for some metal shelving. I walked away from my computer for about 10 minutes and when I returned, I found:

You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.

If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know

Clicking the OK button or the link does nothing! Too fast? How the !!!! do you go too fast, especially when you’re not even on the computer? It’s worth mentioning I’m only blocked on my laptop but not my phone, so I assume it’s not my account that's blocked but the IP address.

Sorry for the rant but it’s killing me.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sounds like you have been hacked. Delete it.
Can't delete it. The 'blocked' window can't be closed so I can't even log out. If I try to log in in another tab that will show blocked, too. Searching the net, I see many others have been blocked for so-called "going too fast".

Tnx

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
LIke I said I don't do facebook or others just because I am too slow also.....

Its' bad enough trying to keep my lap top clean.