• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Flared Fluid lines

Acollin

Donation Time
1966 Sunbeam alpine mostly stock

When replacing parts such as a clutch slave cylinders and other parts that may have “ flared” ends / crushable ends line , is it advisable to replace the lines serving these parts as well as the parts before seeing if there are leaks? Ex: I assume my brake lines also have flared ends; if I replaced a wheel cylinder should I replace or reflare the line serving that cylinder?

thanks all
Andrew

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Unless you damage the connect to
slave/clutch/brake/ wheel cylinder you should not have to re-flare unless it was leaking
If you have really old/original lines that are rusted and thinned out in places, you might want to replace them, just to be safe.
The nickel lines cost a little more but are easy to work with.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have experienced cracks in the tubing flair. Once in an old line I was reusing and twice in new lines. These were steel lines. I have not experienced the problem in the copper-nickle lines.
Bill

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Although I make most of my lines with a flaring tool, you can buy British Bubble line in various lengths at the local AutoZone or NAPA store. Not to be confused with Japanese bubble which is plastic coated and a different thread.