• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spheerol semi liquid bearing grease in steering box

Acollin

Donation Time
Hello all

i saw the video on spheerol semi liquid grease in the steering box and had a couple of questions.

1) does it work?— never leak again claim.
2) will any semi liquid grease rated for bearings work?
3) why bother doing all the cleaning and attention to drainingwiping all old oil out. Won’t the semi liquid grease stay in place and old oil eventually all drain out either way?
4) have you tried it?

Thanks all
Andrew

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here are answers to what you asked.

1) It worked for me. I did it last fall on my IV, no problems this year at all.
2)I stuck with a Castrol Spheerol product (not too easy to find in Canada but got it from Napa)
3)Why not? Then there is no cross contamination. In my case only 1/2 a cup of oil was left so it wasn't a big deal to clean out.
4)See (1)

David

Acollin

Donation Time
I have heard from Rick at SS - when I wanted fluid for my clutch- that Castrol has pulled out of the American market place.
Other recommendations for a liquid like grease?
Castrol product are very tough to find near me and off shore sites have refused to ship to the US.

Thanks for the replies
Andrew

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is what I used from Tractor Supply
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/super-s-cotton-picker-spindle-grease-00