• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WHAT COLOR ???? so many CHOICES !

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm to the point where I'd like to put the color on my ALGER. black, midnight blue met, autumn maple met, VERY Dk Green met, Is there " gallery" of sunbeams that shows alpines/tigers in All Different Colors ( need not be stock sunbeam colors. thanks

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Perhaps some… Metallic flake?
To do actual "Metalflake", have to put a Color, flake in clear or candy color and then a Ton of clear to bury the flakes. Thats only for "show cars" that will never be actually used. 1 chip and you repaint the entire car ! just want to shoot it some color Metallic Base coat /Clearcoat.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Top, Third Tab from the left, Gallery. All kinds, all colors.
I've looked in there and there are a few colors cars (mostly green, blue , white, or red. but seems like it's mostly photos of Parts. Like to see one in a dark MAPLE metallic. I once did a TR6 triumph and it looked fantastic, but what looks good on 1 car, may not look good on a different shape car. that why you Never make a Color Choice from "CHIP BOOKS". MANY PEOPLE DO THAT AND THEN ARE UPSET BECAUSE " It doesn't look like it did in the book "! WHAT LOOKS GOOD ON A CORVETTE WILL LOOK LIKE HELL ON A ROLLS ! lol oops, sorry bout the caps

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I just did a # 62 Bronze Metallic, really kinda growing on me. Something you never see. If you're gonna do black, I think a contrasting interior color makes it pop, like red, tan or white interior with black piping. #58 midnight blue always looks sharp with medium blue seats with dark blue piping. JMO, sea crest green is another favorite. Basically anything but red.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
if bronze/maple,> interior buckskin. If black, I already have 8 yards of red Naugahyde, midnight blue with light blue met interior. just need to Actually See these colors "on a sunbeam", what looks good on a cobra, might not get it on a sunbeam. it definitely won't be Red.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
How about a marron colour? I have a 1965 SIV ST with Colour Code 70 Marron. It is heading to the paint Shop where I get the word to haul it that-a-way for a repaint Maroon.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dang...well check out "junkman's" (what is that) a Series II, 3, and IV (or a Tiger?), Gawd!!! So much in a "screen" name. Guess you already know "junkman," Dan, so calmly suggesting marron, quite the color option, I might add. (Wonder if Jan has THAT color on disk). Someone (who is active on here) said once, "it's about the people, not the car." The car is cool, and while that is SO true, it's the people that are so much more.

If you paint it pink, fonz, I'll mail you my copy of the publication (free of charge) with the pink Tiger (and the visably, "healthy" lady) from back in the day when a Tiger was a new car option.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Look on ‘Bring A Trailer’ website. Do a search for past auctions of Sunbeams. 40-50 cars pictured there will give you an idea of various colours and combinations.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. I looked, then I looked again. I do believe it's going to be what I thought in the beginning..... BLACK basecoat/clearcoat with RED Interior.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your body work must be near perfect with Black. It is a very nice colour when done right. Lots of luck with what ever choice you make.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Are there any British car shows in your area? It's a good place to scope out potential colors on similar cars. If I wasn't going to paint a Sunbeam in its original color, I'd go with a Mediterranean Blue-similar color I found on a Jensen Healey at an All-British meet. My Alpine is currently a Porsche light yellow, a color I fell in love with as a kid 50 years ago and finally got around to using a decade ago. There are lots of cool, non-Rootes colors out there.