• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Saved login

alpine_64

Donation Time
Did the site settings change? Since this morning i have to login each time, the site seems to not be allowing the autocomplete anymore and the address has the warning for unsecured site.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
No issue for me using Firefox browser on a desktop. Are you on mobile? Which browser?

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I’m on an iPhone 7. Haven’t used my laptop for several days, hurricane knocked out electricity better part of five days. I’ll try it tonight as power has been restored a short time ago.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I tried to enter Home page and failed with FireFox and Edge.

Was given this as a reply with FF.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Warning: Constant WP_PLUGIN_DIR already defined in /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-config.php on line 92

Warning: Constant WP_PLUGIN_URL already defined in /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-config.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-config.php:92) in /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1421

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-config.php:92) in /homepages/6/d191950027/htdocs/sunbeamalpine/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1424

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Just doesn't save password for me. Started yesterday. Forgot to mention, Win 11 and Edge browser.

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been having the same issue. MacBook running Safari. But, no trouble logging in once I enter password.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I see Don's messages if I go to www.sunbeamalpine.org. I always enter the site via forum.sunbeamalpine.org.

Tonight I am also receiving the experience that my login is not saved, like others have reported. I can login though and get the usual logged in experience.

Greggers had mentioned a concern with the PHP version in use and its support. Maybe that is relevant?

Mike

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Same here.

tried manually entering name password and stay logged in but doesn’t stick,

Tried with Face ID and got the message “Oh Hell No!”

alpine_64

Donation Time
Im using chrome.
My password and user ID are saved in chrome, but it won't stay logged into the site for more than 2-3 opens of the page.

alpine_64

Donation Time
This is what im getting.. So assume its some change to the host server is guess?

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-09-29-12-59-29~2.png
    Capture+_2022-09-29-12-59-29~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Quick answer: I think the login issue is fixed. Yay.

Overly technical answer: A plug-in went incompatible with the PHP version the site was running on. Once I updated the PHP, that threw up another incompatibility or two, and the htaccess file should've recreated itself, but didn't. The result of that seems to be that the site isn't allowing the saving of logins for some. I've successfully restored the old htaccess file, so the login issue should work itself out.

There's still an incompatibility in the main site, as evidenced by the error codes husky drvr mentioned above. It's a separate issue caused by the same PHP update. I'm gonna try to get a hold of a friend who's a WordPress expert to see if I can get it worked out today. If there are any folks who know this stuff, please PM me to volunteer to help out, because I'm out of element when it comes to debugging code.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Main site followup: OK, the main site errors should now be solved as well for Safari, Firefox and Edge. Back to your regularly scheduled Alpine-related frivolity.

Overly technical followup: It looks like one of the plug-ins was incompatible with a large jump in PHP versions. Stepping up incrementally from our old version to the new version seems to have been more comfortable for the WordPress. So dialing back to our previous version then up to the next version made things happy again. By December when the version we're using goes obsolete, hopefully the plugins will be updated and fully compatible.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Greg,

Well done for sorting the issues so promptly and for the transparency shown in what had changed on the software. Great that you are on top of it all