• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

GT Interior Lamp Wiring

fastcars

Donation Time
I'm aware the wires for this lamp run inside the windshield w/s. Not sure how the wire comes up through the metal dash and dash pad or if it does. So, how does the wire get to the windshield?

Jim

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They do go through the windscreen frame and run through the holes where the screen bolts to the body. From
there they run down to the switches on the door hinge panel.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
On the S3 GTs I'm working on right now, there is an extra hole drilled through the area on the left side of the windshield mounting area. Out near the mounting holes, then it gets fished up through the windshield to body seal and rides under the glass gasket to the center at the rearview.

fastcars

Donation Time
Thanks for the replies. I wondered what that hole was for since I just installed a new dash pad and the windshield frame. Do you think I need to remove the windshield frame to run the wire through the hole?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
You could use a heavy wire to try to feed your interior lamp wire through that extra hole without removing the windshield frame.
Welcome to the SAOCA Jim D!

fastcars

Donation Time
I will give that a try before going to all the trouble of removing the frame.

I joined the Forum years ago, but couldn't remember my login ID. Heck, sure my email changed since then.

fastcars

Donation Time
So, there are actually two wires that run around the windshield w/s? One purple wire from the horns for power and one to the switches?

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
No horn wires on my cars, just 2 white wires like thin 2 wire extension cord wire. Horn wires are in the harness.