• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Drove over the Good Guys event yesterday in Pleasanton, traffic was just getting whack at my exit. Tons of cars and people there, really good turnout. No, I did not enter the event as body work is still being honed to something more presentable.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I put off changing the steering wheel because it housed the driver airbag, horn and cruise control. Finally found a steering wheel that I like and making my own hub cover to mount the cruise controls to. The air bag will obviously be deleted and horn will be in the center as it should be. Was on the fence about possibly using a wooden steering wheel, but it just didn't do it for me and the old style chrome three spoke honestly look cheap.
Steering Wheel.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Time to build a large fin car. Found this deal that was just too hard to pass up. Will try to get the car running as is for now so it is mobile (previous owner stated will not start). Battery was dead so we didn't even try when looking at it. If damaged will replace with a larger 2.5 litre motor which are abundant and reasonable.
Pictures of both cars

100_4746.JPG 2007 Miata 2.jpg 2007 Miata 1.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Got the car towed home on Friday, appears to have a blown head gasket. Ordered a 2.5 liter motor that was used in the Mazda 2, Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan. Plenty of those around and all the externals bolt directly on, will need an ECU flash after it is running to make sure it does not lean out.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
2007 Miata.jpg The Miata came with a damaged driver door with a horrible attempt to repair, luckily found one the same color locally yesterday. Just need to change out the lock and check everything before mounting it. Hard to tell from the picture, but there was about 1-1/2" thick bondo at both ends of the door.