• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Earthing Horn Spring

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good afternoon,

I am attempting to get my horn working. Been reading all I can and love the video on Youtube from the Sunbeam Alpine Channel

From what I can tell, I am now only missing the Earthing Spring. Any ideas on where to get one or even recreate one.

Attached is a picture I stole from a previous post. My apologies to the poster.

Any help advise or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

index.php

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good afternoon,

I am attempting to get my horn working. Been reading all I can and love the video on Youtube from the Sunbeam Alpine Channel

From what I can tell, I am now only missing the Earthing Spring. Any ideas on where to get one or even recreate one.

Attached is a picture I stole from a previous post. My apologies to the poster.

Any help advise or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

index.php

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not sure if these bits will help ? Became too frustrated w/ the original horn design & went a different direction
that works ….. PM me if they’ll help , will NOT be expensive !

Attachments

• DE811746-33EF-4D6B-B319-D95E5EA31930.jpeg
    DE811746-33EF-4D6B-B319-D95E5EA31930.jpeg
    489.4 KB · Views: 48
  • B5601D89-8B13-453C-BBE3-F929105209ED.jpeg
    B5601D89-8B13-453C-BBE3-F929105209ED.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 47
  • E932333E-2415-40FE-A89D-E513839E0E6C.jpeg
    E932333E-2415-40FE-A89D-E513839E0E6C.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 48

Granpine

Gold Level Sponsor
Not sure if these bits will help ? Became too frustrated w/ the original horn design & went a different direction
that works ….. PM me if they’ll help , will NOT be expensive !
Are these still available? I'm attempting to install a horn in my dad's '67 that he left me.

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got my horn working last year. I took everything apart a couple of times to get things lined up right. At that time I installed a new 2 part black plastic steering wheel hub that a member makes. Amazing ! I also had to mess with the turn indicator a few rimes to get it right.

In the end, I used Flitz polish on all the parts of the horn including the plastic. Took off years of crud build up. Used a old tooth brush for the tight spaces. Not a fast process. but the results were brilliant. Horn connections have been perfect. Horns are loud and clear. I did do something wrong on assembly. If I tighten the steering wheel adjustment too much the horn goes off. Its a surprise when you turn the key and the goes off and does not stop. Still learning but having a great time. Also, I took lots of pictures for reference later. Hope this helps.