• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Alpine B395004006 No Reserve Auction on BaT

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Saw that earlier. IT does look really nice, except those dreaded screws in the door panels. At least the trunk
and engine bay aren't painted black!

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I find it very interesting that it has the same cigar lighter as what was in my series V, which was 2,000 cars later in the production. I've seen the lighter listed for 1956 Plymouths. But it makes one wonder what are the odds.

upload_2022-9-18_16-42-11.png

Mike

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
In the small NC town I grew up in, it was the Plymouth dealership that also sold Sunbeams (until they quit making them). They left the "Sunbeam" sign up for years afterwards into the mid seventies.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
In the small NC town I grew up in, it was the Plymouth dealership that also sold Sunbeams (until they quit making them). They left the "Sunbeam" sign up for years afterwards into the mid seventies.

John:
Plymouth was under the Chrysler umbrella so many Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge dealers sold '68-'72 Alpines/Rapier GTs and parts into the 70's after Chrysler bought ROOTES in '67. The Chrysler dealer in my hometown had parts for Sunbeams into the 80's.
Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
I find it very interesting that it has the same cigar lighter as what was in my series V, which was 2,000 cars later in the production. I've seen the lighter listed for 1956 Plymouths. But it makes one wonder what are the odds.

View attachment 26956

Mike
As mentioned probabky dealer installed.. Likely a casco or tec brand too... I had a similar one in my Tiger before replacing with a correct one