• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Suggestion for replacing door limiter rubber?

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Looking for heavy duty rubber replacement for the door limiter straps. What I found at hardware store correct size but too soft IMO. Any suggestions? Also curious what is the + sign for (mine are same orientation left and right side)?

1662223759939-png.16049

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-3_10-45-41.png
    upload_2022-9-3_10-45-41.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 7

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
McMaster-Carr has the nylon reinforced rubber sheet. The rivet needs to be removed to assemble the rubber parts.
Jan

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looking for heavy duty rubber replacement for the door limiter straps. What I found at hardware store correct size but too soft IMO. Any suggestions? Also curious what is the + sign for (mine are same orientation left and right side)?

B-T,

Maybe a section of OTR truck tire sidewall. A heavy, bias-ply off road tire section might be a better choice. Maybe a trailer tire.

As for the "plus" - this is only a guess, it might be an assembly or QC aid to make sure the rivet is installed in the proper end.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Have fun,

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

Buy new limiters from Sunbeam Specialties or Classic Sunbeam. It will save you alot of time and money in the long run.
Rick

1662223759939-png.16049