• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ignition Coil

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
My coil is open on the secondary windings, hence a replacement is required. Any suggestions on locally sourced external resistor coils would be appreciated. Listings from on line suppliers seem only to show coils with internal resistor for my 67 Series V. Make and part # would be great.
Thanks Bob

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Junkman; but actually looking for a coil I can source locally ( Ontario CA ).
Bob

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
picking up a coil tomorrow morning from my local parts supplier. Blue Streak UF-2.
Says its a match to the Lucas DBL102. I'll Check it out tomorrow and post the ohm spec on primary and secondary.
not sure of it's output, they sure dont give much in the way of spec's, and it's hard to find a parts guy that has much knowledge on stuff like this.
Seem only interested in what the computer says you need for make and model.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Coil arrived. Intermotor part uf2. 1.5 ohm on the primary and (9170 ? ) on secondary.
slightly smaller diameter, so will need to use a filler to fit the bracket.
comes with spade connectors.
cheers, Bob

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Stupid question, but I'm curious since I'm using an Autozone Coil: Is there any difference between using one brand of quality Coil over another? Heck, is it -better- to use a specific brand over another in terms of output numbers or whatever? I don't mind spending the money if the quality is there, thus the question.