• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV dash removal

Alpi67

Gold Level Sponsor
Hello, anyone has documentation on how to dismantle the dash on a series V in order to remove gauges for overhaul? It is so tight in there, not sure I can remove the gauges without removing the dash. Any advice?

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I take out the seats and put moving blankets on the floors , lie on my back and remove the gauges that way. This saves you having to deal with the end of the glovebox surround. Simple thumb screws hold the gauges, sometimes needle nose pliers are a help.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've pulled gauges for restoration without removing the dash or seats. For gauges on the right, I lay across both the driver and passenger seats and get my head under the dash. For the gauges on the left, I slide in upside down across the driver seat and scoot up until my head is resting on the floor. I put a folded towel over the door threshold for cushioning. Neither method is very comfortable, but not intolerable.

Mike

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Just a note on getting the gauges overhauled. If you send them to Nisonger Instruments, they will convert your tachometer to electronic without advising you until you get it back and find the instructions to wire it in. It will no longer be OEM and require the inductive loop or clip. He no longer replaces the original bad resistors etc.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just a note on getting the gauges overhauled. If you send them to Nisonger Instruments, they will convert your tachometer to electronic without advising you until you get it back and find the instructions to wire it in. It will no longer be OEM and require the inductive loop or clip. He no longer replaces the original bad resistors etc.
Well, the simple answer here is you *can't* send them to Nissonger anymore.... they're out of business!

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Talked with Nisonger recently, and the owner said his "best technician" has opened up his own business to continue to service mechanical speedometers and tachs. I spoke with Mr. Mizrahi, and he will restore speedos, tachs, fuel and temparature gauges to stock. He is not quite ready to do oil pressure gauges as his machine to do so was flooded, but should be up and running soon. If you are running Pertronix, he can modify the tach to work with it. Nice guy, and hopefully his business will be a good replacement for Nisonger. He does not do clocks, but Mike Eck does.

Mike Mizrahi
BRITISH SPEEDO SERVICE
21 Dogwood Ct
Goldens Bridge, NY 10526.
Cell 914-536-1346

David