• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Generator pulley nut

clhiller

Silver Level Sponsor
Hello all
Recently my generator pulley nut decided to depart and explore the world on its' own.
What is the size/pitch of said nut? S1

Thanks,
Collin

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you don't have a TPI measuring tool nor a caliper to measure thread OD, you can probably use a tape measure and get close enough. Measure the thread OD and you should be close enough to translate the OD to the right size and then count the threads over half an inch and double them. I'd guess it will be UNF.

clhiller

Silver Level Sponsor
Ok. I was hoping to get one and put it back on without pulling the fan shroud and generator. I tried a 7/16 UNC and it tried to start so maybe I’ll get a 7/16 UNF and see.
This one will get some loctite!