• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Die-cast Sunbeam

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I always keep my eyes open for Sunbeam toys but seldom see them..

got this from a friend last week

52276822898_4012693492_b.jpg

mikephillips

Donation Time
I've gotten a few of those over the years, looks like the casting they releases as a green Tiger at one point. I would say though that rather than "authentic film replica" it would be more accurate as "approximate film replica"...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The packaging is a little disturbing... they say it's for age "6+" and then use the most lurid of the Bond posters on their packaging. *sigh* And they wonder why our kids are so over-sexualized....

Great toy, though. I have one of them on my HO train set (yeah, it's not the right size, but it works). Note the car in the gas station at center:

alpine_64

Donation Time
The packaging is a little disturbing... they say it's for age "6+" and then use the most lurid of the Bond posters on their packaging. *sigh* And they wonder why our kids are so over-sexualized....

Kevin the 6+ os more a minimum safety recommendation for the toy rather than target market...
Think most mods under the age of 10 are getting hotwheels and matchbox cars rather than johhny lightning and more besoke brands.... Think the kids are safe with this one...

Probably the least danger bad influences they face.... I recall a scouts convention a couple years back that sent out a much more inappropriate message than a few illustrated 60s bikinis on a collector's toy o_O

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Well, I'll probably buy one just....'cause. But what an awful representation from Johnny Lightning. Goofy white walls, wing windows, and no FINS.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a couple, but you're right. The wheel base isn't quite right and even though I bought an
Alpine, the side script says Tiger! Just happy to see our cars immortalized in die cast!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Tbey have a habbit of mixing packaging.. Model type and proportions are not great for JL...but not many options in 1:64...
There are some nice 1:43 sunbeam alpine and Tigers from spark... Pricey but nice.. And have done some good rare variations..

That said.. Their yellow alpine thats parts Series V part series II is a bit of a shame

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
We can’t post video on this site, correct? I just got a solar powered rotating pedestal just the right size for a Johnny Lightning car. American science and surplus. I’ve gotten some very cool stuff from them.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
We can’t post video on this site, correct?

You can, but it has to be hosted somewhere else, like YouTube. Maybe the gallery allows video, but probably not. Having even a few small videos grows the site's database quickly. I'd be happy to help you post the video to YouTube.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
You can, but it has to be hosted somewhere else, like YouTube. Maybe the gallery allows video, but probably not. Having even a few small videos grows the site's database quickly. I'd be happy to help you post the video to YouTube.

Greg. Tried to email it but was too large a file. I’ll shoot a shorter one.