• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wiring harness

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anybody have any experience with wiring harness replacement, and where to obtain. All of the old heads
I know have said I would be better off replacing the one in my series 1.

comments please

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
What problems have you been having that lead you to think you need a new harness?

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
None at present, other than headlight wiring under front fenders. I was already planning to replace that because of cracked and broking insulation.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought a Rebel harness from a member here who goes by sunalp. As soon as I get my car back, installing it will be among the first things I do.

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
price? and location. Haven't pulled old out as yet. Getting a lot of suggestions on restoration directions.
would rather have a harness for a generator and a harness that is not generic.

thanks for response

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
You should first decide if you want to stay stock or go with a more modern alternative. If completely stock, British Wiring is a good source. If you want almost stock, I don't imagine there are too many differences between SI and SII, but you could look at the wiring diagrams to get a feel for how they differ. If you want to go with something modern with relays and multiple fuses and designed for an Alpine, then your best (only?) bet is the Rebel Harness from Steve. Here is a good start for learning more about his harness: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/new-redesigned-rebel-wiring-harness.28203/

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I bought the Rebel harness from Steve, (Sunalp), and it is of great quality. Fuses and relays for everything, and install instructions.
Priced less than the British Wiring, harness too. You will need to put on your own bullet and spade connectors and follow a wiring diagram.

Opa64

Donation Time
Does anybody have any experience with wiring harness replacement, and where to obtain. All of the old heads
I know have said I would be better off replacing the one in my series 1.

comments please
just checked for you and "Classic Sunbeam" has them for 1 and 2 for $469 . seems a little pricey though!!!