• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Seat frames....finished today!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Good. That is what Jan originally posted. It probably narrows the problem down more. The first time, I just copied and pasted Jan's image into a new post. That didn't work. The second time I saved the image to my laptop and then posted that. This means absolutely nothing to me, but hopefully it will identify the reason so many couldn't see the original.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
FWIW, I'm unable to see anything but Jim's second re-post.

OTOH, I did find Jan's pic in the Harrington gallery of these finished seats. Worth a viewing if this is where Jan is heading with these frames.

https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?media/front_seat_finished-small-copy.859/

7898-bece418dfbe6465c283424e64185dea6.jpg

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
The original image is in an album that jumpinjan created with permissions set to private. It turns out that club officers can view images from private albums, which is why Jim and Dan (and I) can see the original image of the seat frames.

The only way for others to see is to change the permission on the album to “members only” or “shared.” (Or even “public,” but I feel like viewing our gallery should be limited to members). I can’t see that you can change view permissions at the image level, so this has to be done for the whole album, or the image needs to be moved to a non-private album.

So anytime this comes up, check your album permissions.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The original image is in an album that jumpinjan created with permissions set to private. It turns out that club officers can view images from private albums, which is why Jim and Dan (and I) can see the original image of the seat frames.

The only way for others to see is to change the permission on the album to “members only” or “shared.” (Or even “public,” but I feel like viewing our gallery should be limited to members). I can’t see that you can change view permissions at the image level, so this has to be done for the whole album, or the image needs to be moved to a non-private album.

So anytime this comes up, check your album permissions.

Just to be clear, "check your album permissions" refers to the album creator and not to the album viewers. In this case, jumpinjan limited viewing to himself (and SAOCA officers) and only jumpinjan can change the viewing restrictions.

I don't see any good reason to have private albums on a website supported by member dues, but that is a different discussion.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't see any good reason to have private albums on a website supported by member dues, but that is a different discussion.

I agree, but that feels like something we’d have to put to a vote. Truth be told, there are huuundreds of settings in the back end of the site software. Many seemed benign four years ago when we built the site, because who knew “Change view permission of album by self,” meant that someone could upload a bunch of stuff to the gallery without realizing it’s not viewable by the world? As long as we’re talking here, users having personal albums at all, whether private or not could run counter to the idea of a club gallery. We’ll open this up for a lively debate and a vote at some point.