• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine SIII - SV Radiator

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a used but very nice all copper radiator. It has three tubes and 12 Fins Per Inch (FPI)

There is no damage to the fins or any other portion of this radiator.

Asking $300 or best offer

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's a great price for that radiator! The last one I had recored was at least $150 more!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
It is best for the Alpine 4cyl.

I utilize a shop in Anderson, SC near me for building radiators for the Ford V6 Conversion.

It will be a larger (thicker) core by 1/2", with 3 tubes and 16 fpi.

Gerald will modify your stock Alpine radiator to my specs for about $450. At least that was for the last one.

I have made arrangements with Gerald's to receive radiators, recore and return if any one wishes.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, it is a good radiator, but for the '69 and up Alpine. The inlet and outlet are reversed. That configuration was needed for the Duratec Alpine I built and this is the radiator I used. I bought it as a usable, used radiator for $45. After a year or so, it failed and I had it recored with a thicker core, to the tune of $410. Dan and I buy/sell/give parts and services to each other. Sort of like the two guys buying and selling a mule back and forth, each making a good living. The radiator thusly ended up in Dan's position, as I thought it's reversed configuration would be nice in a 2.8 swap. This was per Jose's recommendation. Dan tells me he has a work around that does not require the reverse configuration.

I cannot use any Alpine radiator in the Duratec Alpine that is being built due to it's Tiger style steering, which places the steering rack in the way.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mr Bill I have a Tiger radiator on hand. It is a new all copper cross flow.

Could you utilize it?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan, absolutely have no idea, as I am totally ignorant of all facets/features of Tiger radiators. That is the good news. The great news - I have successfully installed the cross flow aluminum radiator that you sent me when I discovered my old radiator would not fit the new car.
Bill

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a used but very nice all copper radiator. It has three tubes and 12 Fins Per Inch (FPI)

There is no damage to the fins or any other portion of this radiator.

Asking $300 or best offer
Wish I would have known this a month ago, I "tossed" a series 3 radiator :) oh well.