• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Creaking Steering Wheel S5

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
Creaks when turning left or right, not at the steering box or steering linkage, just behind the horn button and maybe the sound is transferring from dash but appears to be at steering wheel hub
Without removing yet, are there bushings in that area that require replacement from wear or regrease?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Is your steering wheel plastic hub cracked so bad that it rubs against the inside of the turn signal switch two piece cover?
I know a guy who has new steering wheel hub repair kits for sale........

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
Is your steering wheel plastic hub cracked so bad that it rubs against the inside of the turn signal switch two piece cover?
I know a guy who has new steering wheel hub repair kits for sale........

No cracks no rubbing

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Is it mostly noticeable when turning the wheel when stopped or moving very slowly? That happens on my car - I have not been able to track it down yet. I did notice when I had the front end jacked up and moved the tire through the steering arc, it made a sound like rubber squealing against itself or maybe smooth metal. It sounded like it was coming from the cross tube bushings. I'm thinking they may be shot, but haven't had a chance to look into it further. I don't know if that sound would transmit through the column or not.