• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lucas

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
found this on a Triumph site... thought the SAOCA crowd would enjoy it..12EC678F-F5FF-4098-8201-1995B11526AF.jpeg

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Everyone has their favorite “ Lucas-ism “ , mine : …… “ The ground depends upon proper circuit functioning & by the
transmission of ions w/ the retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as “ smoke “ . Smoke is the function
that makes electrical circuits work , I know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of the electrical
system …..it stops working . Joseph Lucas

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Don’t leave home without it.

Attachments

• 55469E83-1ECE-44DB-B768-25B708FA72BC.jpeg
    55469E83-1ECE-44DB-B768-25B708FA72BC.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 33

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul, my favorite was posted on this site about twenty years ago, so it is truly an oldie.
Q. Name the three functions of a Lucas switch.
A. Off, Dim, Flicker.

I think that my fondness with this Gem traces back to my experience of the Lucas headlight dimmer switch suddenly displaying its hidden "Off" function.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
One of my all tine favorites was the ebay auction for the NOS Wiring Harness Smoke Kit many years ago. I checked, and fortunately, someone saved the page and made it available via the web:

https://www.lrfaq.org/Series/eBAY_NOS_Lucas_electrical_harness_replacement_smoke.pdf

This page only captures a handful of the wonderful Q&A that accompanied the 'sale'. Those are available on this reproduction of the auction, although the background makes it annoying to read:

http://www.whereisbobl.com/tiger/smoke.html

Smokekit2.jpg

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
For some reason I put on this t-shirt today..

Attachments

• E5DB050F-F895-4EAF-A5DE-1296EEBE3D92.jpeg
    E5DB050F-F895-4EAF-A5DE-1296EEBE3D92.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 28

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Will always remember being in England w/ some friends ,in a pub after work , with the conversation being an exchange of
various Lucas “ happened to me , stories “ ….Alan , ( who’s passed on to the better tool box ) was very dry humored & quite
matter of factly said , “ The Lucas factory was never bombed during WW II , the Germans considered them an ally “