• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale

Airportbum

Bronze Level Sponsor
1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale. Going back thru forum you will see the history
New short block installed. runs - tach and speedometer not working
Electric fuel pump, new top sometime after 1995...
$15,000 - located in salt lake city area, hoping not to move it to colorado in 3 weeks.
mostly original

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7856716

Airportbum

Bronze Level Sponsor
New Sunbeam block, hardened valve seats, new oil pump - has electric pump - mostly original - Blew the Engine in 2018 a day after I bought it. Bought a new engine, took two years to realize I wasn't gonna get to it, especially since I had a 63 series 2 to drive with a 1725 installed. I took it to a shop and he said I would have it back in a month. I sold the 63, waited six months and then Covid hit - another 18 months later I get a running car back. Moving to Colorado and won't have room to garage it.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The same color as my old Sunbeam Tiger - loved that color combination, especially the red interior.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I’ll be driving thru that area in October. If still available I’d be able to go by and look it over for a member. But pretty sure we have members in Colorado Who might be willing to help. I’d like to see the car anyway.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kevin, that's an unusual color combo for a Tiger. When and were did you own it?
I purchased and owned it in the Philadelphia area, Pete. I had it from about 1977-1980. Photos below. Dealer had owned it and had replaced the 260 with a 302, but made it look like it still had a 260.

Attachments

• Tiger4.JPG
    Tiger4.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 67

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
My car is factory black/red. My dad bought it used in 1970, and it's been in the family since. Since that is an uncommon combination, I wondered if it, by long-shot was the same car. Thanks!

Airportbum

Bronze Level Sponsor
Car is now out of storage unit and available to see. I'm asking 11,500. It runs and we have been driving it a little bit on back roads up here.
I moved and lost my shop space and still have too many cars and projects. It is mostly original. History listed in thread above.

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for update, FYI I am picking up my car from paint shop maybe end of this week so I am on overload to make room, then put the car back together so probably no additonal projects/cars for me at least for this year (ha). You have a really cool Alpine and I will make sure to mention to anyone looking for one. Hope you doing well, sure enjoyed the wild ride to/from your house in the mountains.