• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Got my new windshield today. Now must SAFELY store it until needed. The box it was sent in is HUGE with foam everywhere, but I got it in one piece.

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Have you installed your windshield and how is the quality. Looking for one now and hard to find.
I can get one from the UK for about $1200.00. Thinking about getting one from VB now

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi, I installed a new windshield last year in my Aline. I got mine from Pilkington glass. They have them listed on there classic car section. It’s not tinted. Bit of a pane to install but I think that was down to the new rubber seal and it’s a series II. Good luck. Cheers!

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a VB windshield for my Series II and the installer said the rubber molding fit very tight and to be careful during installation. It is now sitting together in the very large shipping box and hope age will help the tight condition. It will be a while to finish my car.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I bought mine from Macgregor British Car parts in Canada several years ago. I just checked his web site and it is no longer listed. I do not know of a replacement from other suppliers.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Would suggest you call Martin Macgregor and talk to him about rubber seals as his website is about 10 years out of date for product and pricing.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Guys, I can't believe that you are paying so much for windscreens. Mine is heated and cost around £200. There is no way that postage, packing, customs etc is going to add such a huge amount to the cost. Try sunbeamcarparts.co.uk they currently have heated screens listed at £295 (without the U.K. tax), there are other suppliers too. The heated screen is a terrific improvement if you drive when it is damp or icy, you hit the button and the screen just clears in seconds, no more wiping away the mist.
Tim R

alpine_64

Donation Time
The heated screen is a terrific improvement if you drive when it is damp or icy, you hit the button and the screen just clears in seconds, no more wiping away the mist.
Tim R

Another solution :D

Attachments

• 20190313_191210.jpg
    20190313_191210.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 25

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I got a quote from Heatedwinscreens in March 2022 for unheated screen. Quote was 170 pound plus 340 shipping to Toronto. That is just under $900 cdn/ $650 us. So shipping is double the cost of the screen.