• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 windshield seal

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Need a source for a new one or at least a small piece of an old one I can use for a cross section comparison.

Thanks

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If you are talking about the early Series molded rubber seal between chromed windshield frame and the body they are unobtainium. Since they were vulcanised/moulded as a one piece, I doubt that you'll find a matching rubber profile. What most early Series owner use is the later Series profile. It fits and does the job if carefully trimmed, while not exactly looking period correct, specifically on the outside.

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
The fourth and fifth items on the modified alpine shows my series II windshield installation using the series III - V gasket. I have not completer it yet but it will give the general idea

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a piece of an original seal for reference....looking for some kind of replacement

Attachments

• DSCF7105.JPG
    DSCF7105.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF7111.JPG
    DSCF7111.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF7113.JPG
    DSCF7113.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 24

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I believe that Macgregor no longer lists the Series II windshield seal that was available a few years ago. I do not know of a good replacement, except as noted above the later Series windshield seal with careful trimming.