• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rubber hood prop holder too loose

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all,
I have a repro rubber holder for the hood prop, but it is too loose to hold the hood prop. When I put the rubber into the slot in the bracket on the car body, the rubber sits open too far to grip the rod.

Question: should the metal bracket on the inner fender be flat (as mine is), or should it perhaps have a bend in it to close up the rubber? Or should there be some metal around the sides of the rubber to hold it closed.

Rick's parts are usually spot-on, so I suspect I'm missing something with why this isn't doing its job.
Cheers,
Paul.

fMWDv0Y

fMWDv0Y

Attachments

• IMG_FB27EDC3F9DA-1 2.jpeg
    IMG_FB27EDC3F9DA-1 2.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 66

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The bracket looks fine but the rubber part is not even close to what was original-that is the problem.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
A rubber piece I think was from Rick in the 1980s. Looks fairly similar to greenbeam's, but holds the rod snugly.

upload_2022-6-2_13-32-40.png

Mike

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks all, so the bracket looks right, but the rubber sits open too wide. I'll contact Rick and see if this one is an anomaly.
Cheers,
Paul.