• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early heater air control.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
A pal is looking for the early control with the fan switch built in to the left control.
This is the one with the little chromed ball ends.

65beam

Donation Time
Does he want one with a switch that works? The switch doesn't last too long on this style.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I've got one with a bad switch. Bob is right, I think the switches all fell apart over 20 years ago!
Best plan would be to use the early control knob and put the fan switch on the dash....Eric

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's Doug C on CAT .
He has asked me twice. I told him that the only one I had I sold to the TAC chair Patrick. I think he'd want one that works but will settle for anything . I will relay the message to him thanks guys.

alpine_64

Donation Time
You can buy the plastic switch that activates off the lever from austin healey and mga suppliers and replace the one that is usually broken on the sunbeams.

The heat used to make the plastic fail and they fall to bits.

I have a NOS unit switch and lever but will probably use it to convert my sii back to stock.. It has the broken switch and i have the blower activated from the dash per later cars.

65beam

Donation Time
Moss has the MG and Healey controls but they don't sell the switch as a separate piece. Cost of the MG unit is $42.00 but would require mods to use on a Sunbeam. Try ashleyhinton in the U.K. I believe their site is ashleyhintonmgparts.com

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have one of these switches, doesn't work but would have the right look for his car.
Maybe it can be repaired? PM me if you're interested.

Cheers!
Steve

Michael Carter

Diamond Level Sponsor
Moss has the MG and Healey controls but they don't sell the switch as a separate piece. Cost of the MG unit is $42.00 but would require mods to use on a Sunbeam. Try ashleyhinton in the U.K. I believe their site is ashleyhintonmgparts.com
I just purchased the control from Moss. I believe it was for a 1962 MG. Price with shipping was $63.58 It did require substantial modifications, but is a exact duplicate now.

Attachments

• 8BB7E0C7-8521-4458-96C3-D6F3E3985864.jpeg
    8BB7E0C7-8521-4458-96C3-D6F3E3985864.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 35

Michael Carter

Diamond Level Sponsor
What modifications were needed? This is good info to have.....
Hey Eric, I’ll write up a description with photos in the next day or two. The modifications took about 2 hours. It works great and returns the original function of the push/pull heater blower control.

Michael Carter

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Eric, I’ll write up a description with photos in the next day or two. The modifications took about 2 hours. It works great and returns the original function of the push/pull heater blower control.
The original control from Moss has the cable actuator clocked 180 degrees from where it’s needed for the Sunbeams. It also uses the barrel and set screw to hold the center part of the cable vs the post the Sunbeam had. I pressed the center pivot out, drilled a couple of holes in the actuator so it could be clocked and reassembled the switch. I cut off part of the arm which holds the barrel and fabricated a post in its place. I also had to cut off the switch arm to length, remove my old switch arm with the chrome ball, and reattach it to the new switch. If you look close you’ll see empty rivet holes in the new switch as I’m waiting delivery of tiny solid rivets.

Attachments

• 6B9FBCD3-41B8-41EC-B09F-B5A348785F15.jpeg
    6B9FBCD3-41B8-41EC-B09F-B5A348785F15.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2D765586-C862-47A3-A926-AD64D703676B.jpeg
    2D765586-C862-47A3-A926-AD64D703676B.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 37