• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: Sunbeam Owners Club Badge

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Badge update.
The company is working on design and pricing. Will keep everyone posted!
Can someone with an original badge post a photo of the rear mounting bracket please?
Mine is missing the bracket and it is designed to mount to one of the front grill bars.
Meanwhile, here is another badge I bought while in the UK a few years ago.
Anyone else have Rootes specific badges?

View attachment 24539
If nobody has one loose to photograph and post up, I'll try and pull mine off tomorrow and take pics.
It's basically just a flat bar about 3/4 of an inch wide that has two holes that fit over the studs on the top and bottom of the badge.
Mine is mounted to my grill bar.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Eric i cant access my badge, but iirc it was a small rectangular block with provision for 2 screws to anchor... Assume to attach it to a clamp bracket for the badge bar.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Latest badge news
We got them delivered in time to send one to each current Diamond Level Sponsor! They are a great copy and very heavy duty. They come with a mount to fasten it to the grill bar or the grill itself on early Alpines and MK 2 Tigers. Photos show my original with one of the badges we had made. To encourage more Diamond sponsorship, one of these badges will be sent to new Diamond sponsors during 2022. If you are a current non Diamond sponsor when donation time comes around just join up then at the Diamond level. We are not going to pro rate sponsorships if you are not yet a Diamond sponsor. Also to encourage members to attend our Invasion in April, attendees can buy one of these grill badges there if they are already a sponsor at any level. Sunbeam Owners Club grill badges old and new.jpg

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric,
Can I upgrade my current member status by paying the difference?
Let me know .
Thanks!
Steve

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
No we are not going to pro rate sponsorships if you are not yet a Diamond sponsor. I have spare badges on hand and we won't run out of them during 2022. Thanks, Eric

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not to speak for Eric, but it sounds like the plan is buy a badge for $75, and they will throw in a years diamond membership.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
If I’m understanding this correctly I need to wait for my renewal date to roll around and upgrade to Diamond level, assuming they are still available, correct?

Incidentally-Brilliant thing to do Board. Well done.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, Nick, Eric has told me that he will ensure there are plenty of badges for everyone - he can order more if need be - and that you need to wait until renewal as there will be no pro-rating of memberships.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, become a Diamond sponsor for $85 when your renewal time arrives this year or if you have never been a sponsoring member join anytime this year as a Diamond sponsor and I will mail you this badge, mounting bracket, and instruction sheet. Then at the end of 2022, you will also receive the 2023 calendar and some other Diamond level extras as well. At the end of 2022 after this membership incentive ends, extra badges will be for sale to sponsoring members of any level. Or come to this year's Invasion and buy one there!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I really want to give a shoutout to Eric for the work he did to get these produced. He would never tell everyone this, but the membership should know that the original badge in the photo above is something he spent years looking for. He put it at risk by sending it to the manufacturer and thought it was lost in the mail forever when they sent it back; it took two months for it to make the return journey! On top of that, the brackets for the badge bars didn't fit, and rathe than delay shipping by waiting for the manufacturer to replace them, Eric re-drilled every one of of them.

That is service to the Club above and beyond any officer expectations. Thank you, Eric!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jim, yes I was so glad to see my original badge show up in the mail after the more than two month wait for it!
I mounted my new badge on the top of the front valance panel instead of on the grill bar as I had previously removed two driving lights the previous owner had drilled large holes for so this was a way to hide one of the holes and I installed an old RAC badge to hide the other. The mounting bracket I made from an unused network switch mount that I had and I think it came out pretty well.
Here is a photo of the installed badge as well as the bracket I modified to use.DSC04985.JPG DSC04987.JPG

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to our new Diamond Level Sponsor rustymufflers!
I will mail your Sunbeam Owners Club grill badge, leather club key fob, 2022 calendar and other goodies soon.
Thanks for supporting your club!

Michael Carter

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Eric, Many thanks for mailing the calendar, grill badge and other goodies. I’ve attached a pic of the badge mounted to the grill of my car. I’m not sure if it should be centered or off to one side. Any opinions? It can be easily moved.
Thanks Again

Mike

Attachments

• 09A49446-DB7E-4D97-8DE9-DE2DC6819C2D.jpeg
    09A49446-DB7E-4D97-8DE9-DE2DC6819C2D.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting that photo Mike-great to see the badge on an early Alpine grill!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I re-upped my membership and lo and behold I got this nifty badge in the mail, along with some goodies. This is absolutely amazing quality. Indeed, I have rather an extensive collection of badges - I’ve been into LBC’s for over 50 years now - and this is by far the best quality badge I’ve seen. Thanks guys for going the extra mile to obtain the best. My car is laid up presently, but when I’ve got a chance to get to it I’ll certainly install this badge proudly.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for sharing that Kevin!
This really is a nice badge and our Diamond membership offer which includes one of these badges is good until the end of this year. So consider upgrading to the Diamond level when your current sponsorship expires-you will also receive a few other interesting Sunbeam items at that time.
As always thanks for supporting YOUR club!