• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

engine parts colors?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow...very sad news.
That 2.8 V6 was my engine that Jim & I did a trade back in 2003. I still have the 2.0L (1725 block) that Jim built up and the same one I follow up a newsletter article on the 2.0L.
Jim certainly had a passion for our cars.
Jan
I have a question about my alpine . I am rebuilding my Sv alpine the engine is original I was cleaning the gunk off and I saw that the oil filter block was painted black and the same with the distributor tower. Is this original? I also would like to know what the original heater valve was it plated or painted?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
NOS heater valve. It appears to be a mix of unfinished pot metal and some brass colored metal. The brass colored stuff is magnetic and that metal rusted on my original valve, so I assume it is some coating over steel.

upload_2021-10-5_18-55-52.png

Mike

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for getting me the color codes for the paint code 11 for my series 1. Just looking over a past post on your page. What are the engine colors for and alpine. Where they the same for all series or did they vary?
Thanks