• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

DGV Settings

64beam

Donation Time

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Just an update, I had my distributor serviced this week and picked the car up yesterday. What a difference a it made. They recurved the distributor as it was advancing too slowly, gave it a service and set the timing (set @ 12 degrees). I still have some fine tuning on the carby, but is looking good. Thank you all for your input.

Kind regards, Robin.

Steeman01

Donation Time
[QUOTE="Many forum members replacing the stock carbs with the DGV have found the idle mixture to be way too lean for both smooth idling and, more important, not bogging down when moving off from rest. IIRC the OEM idle jet as supplied is .055mm. I had to bore mine out to .070 until it was right.[/QUOTE]

Trying to not start a new thread and the above comments is hopeful in my quest for a solution. I have a Weber 32/36 and I followed the base settings and it appears to be an inefficient fuel mixture setting (2 turns out). The car stumbles and dies pretty quick once the choke comes off (fully warmed up). Or will idel okay and then die when I tip in the throttle slowly.

Given Nickodell's comment above this seems to be a simple issue. Can anyone share thoughts on how many turns out your fuel mixture screws are at on a 1725 with Weber conversion? I am going to fidget with it tomorrow, but was curious if there was a consensus on this. I have a SV with the 1725 and only upgrade is the Weber and Intake (off a SIV).

Thanks.

SP

Last edited:

pruyter

Donation Time
The idle jets on my Weber 32/36 DGV 5 A are as follows:
Primary idle jet: 52;
Secondary idlejet: 50.

With this setting the car idles and pulls very good, but......I have also the inlet manifold which is especcially designed for this car by both Webcon in the Uk and the Sunbeam Alpine Owner Club in the UK. Alpine Innovations sells this sets and it can be installed out of the box without any aleration.
I suspect that you don't have this inlet manifold and that can cause the troubles you are experiencing.

Regards,

Peter

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
fuel mixture setting (2 turns out). The car stumbles and dies pretty quick once the choke comes off (fully warmed up). Or will idel okay and then die when I tip in the throttle slowly.

SP,

Those are symptoms of an idle jet that needs to be larger.

Hope this helps,

Steeman01

Donation Time
Primary; 60
Secondary; 55
Fully stock 1725cc

Thanks so far for the comments!

@nsbluenose, I just checked and my Weber is Primary - 55 and Secondary - 50. So based on @pruyter's comment about the intake, I am running a SIV intake manifold, which might need bigger jets, based on lost efficiency, so I am curious as to what manifold you are running with your 60/55 jetting?

Thanks!

SP

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Steeman01,
I will sound like an idiot saying this, but I don’t know what Series manifold I’m using. It’s a stock manifold from a Series Sunbeam that will take a Weber 32/36 without modifying either the carb or manifold. From what you said, it’s probably a SIV though.