• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'48 Minx Mk II

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
This video is one of a series of clips about a Minx Mk II that was being sold by a dealer about a year ago.

This clip is more about the how the details of the car function.

More entertaining than most ads.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I've had a chance to drive a 48 Hillman convertible. Very nice elegant car.
The 4 speed on the column shifts well as long as you use a light touch and dont hurry things. Brakes arent that good.

The owner of this car also has a Jowett Jupiter, which has a 4 speed on the column but the shift pattern is opposite of this car.

48377137327_e549477940_b.jpg

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've had a chance to drive a 48 Hillman convertible. Very nice elegant car.
The 4 speed on the column shifts well as long as you use a light touch and don't hurry things. Brakes aren't that good.

The owner of this car also has a Jowett Jupiter, which has a 4 speed on the column but the shift pattern is opposite of this car.

e-v,

Nice car. I wonder if the brakes are mechanical instead of hydraulic?

Just curious, was the Jupiter right hand drive?

Not sure if the change to left hand drive may have had a connection to the pattern reversal.

I've never had the privilege of trying a column four speed. It might be challenging considering the miles I've driven in trucks with "3 on the tree" shifters.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm not positive on the brakes, but I think they are hydraulic..

Both the Hillman and Jowett are left hand drive, but maybe that is the reason..

The column shifting isnt that hard but you do need to concentrate.. especially when swapping to different cars.

Here is a pic of me in the Jowett and my Sunbeam in the background before it became mine..

47729567102_e6056011cd_b.jpg

Nice car. I wonder if the brakes are mechanical instead of hydraulic?

Just curious, was the Jupiter right hand drive?

Not sure if the change to left hand drive may have had a connection to the pattern reversal.

I've never had the privilege of trying a column four speed. It might be challenging considering the miles I've driven in trucks with "3 on the tree" shifters.