• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 2 Weather stripping / Hardtop to body

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi. Does any one know where I could get the hardtop to body weatherstripping for my 62’ alpine.
Almost finished restoring. Just need this last piece. No one can match that I’ve asked. I can send a picture of the old WStripping if needed. Thanks
Appreciate the help

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I got both Series II and III from Sunbeam Specialties . However it was several years ago that I got the Series II seals

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm also looking for a replacement ... I stumbled upon them but didn't have the money at the time and lost the links..i'm going to sift through my links to try and find it again if i can .

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Here’s a example of the weatherstripping I need. The white weather stripping is the one I need. Very difficult to find.
I enclosed a picture of the hard top as well. Does any one know any thing about this hardtop? I have not seen any of these types with the side windows. Perhaps a latter series put on a series 2 ? Thanks again4BA88852-3889-42F0-9742-4BAA0D33B28E.jpeg 28D782D6-2D2E-445F-8F8D-77971FE563FA.jpeg AA4EB52F-1187-4D52-BD30-33ED1960C57B.jpeg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thats the issue... Not a factory hardtop.. Intially i thouht its a factory one modified...but it has corner seams on the roof.
Is it fibreglass? Could be an eartly Astro or parish top

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's what Rick has at SS. It's made to slip over the hardtop edge then the trim strip goes on and is screwed with very small #6 x 1/4" sheet metal screws.

Attachments

• rear seal 1.jpg
    rear seal 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • rear seal 2.jpg
    rear seal 2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 15

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Thats the issue... Not a factory hardtop.. Intially i thouht its a factory one modified...but it has corner seams on the roof.
Is it fibreglass? Could be an eartly Astro or parish top
I’m pretty sure it’s fibreglass. It’s very light and flexible.
Can you give me more info on “ Astro or Parish top “ as I’ve never heard of these. I could dive into that and see if I could turn up something. Thanks.
Geoff

alpine_64

Donation Time
Geoff,

Both made after market fobreglass hardtops for sunbeams in the 60s. The early sI/II ones are much rarer than the later s3 onward

For the seal i think you are better off finding a generic seal that fits the mounting on the top and had a blade foot profile to press against the body.

Ill try and dig up the peirod top pics for you

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's what Rick has at SS. It's made to slip over the hardtop edge then the trim strip goes on and is screwed with very small #6 x 1/4" sheet metal screws.
With more information coming in,it seems like I have a different top than the series two came with. I don’t have a trim piece for this hardtop nor do I think it came with one.
I’m interested in how the series 2 assembles with The trim . Do you have any other better detail pictures of the trim piece and how the hardtop fits onto the trim piece and than how the hard top attaches on the car. If it’s too much work, I understand. I’d just like to see what’s different with your top and why my bad boy is being so difficult. Much thanks
Geoff

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Geoff,

Both made after market fobreglass hardtops for sunbeams in the 60s. The early sI/II ones are much rarer than the later s3 onward

For the seal i think you are better off finding a generic seal that fits the mounting on the top and had a blade foot profile to press against the body.

Ill try and dig up the peirod top pics for you
I agree and have already started gathering the pieces for that exact application. Something that won’t damage the body
I would be grateful if you did turn up any pics and info on these Astro or Parish tops. As I’ve never heard or scene a Sunbeam with these particulars
Thank you. It’s starting to make sense now.
Where these particulate tops sold in England or NorthAmerica ? My car was originally bought in Toronto.
Geoff

alpine_64

Donation Time
They are USA products.
I used to have extensive photos of them in the older iteration of the forum.

Dynaplastics also made various options.

Ill see what i can dig up for you.
The later style parish tops are still made for series 3 onward.. Known as " smoothline"

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ok. Im 100% sure yours is one of the variations on the dynaplastics early top. I would say by the ridge profile but round rear its a theme and variation on the white cars hardtop image 17 in thr attached article. Except yours has rear 1/4 Windows.

Attachments

• 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_07.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_07.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_08.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_08.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_09.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_09.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_10.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_10.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_11.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_11.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_12.jpg
    201308_SCCV_TORQUE_email_Page_12.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 18

Spoo 2

Silver Level Sponsor
Ok. Im 100% sure yours is one of the variations on the dynaplastics early top. I would say by the ridge profile but round rear its a theme and variation on the white cars hardtop image 17 in thr attached article. Except yours has rear 1/4 Windows.
Great article. Thanks