• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Smiths Clock $400 ppd

jack Bacon

Silver Level Sponsor
Correct clock for Alpine Series V and Tiger Mk1a and Mk11. Working Smiths clock CE 3131/01 electronic mechanism. Only two tabs on bezel but holds fairly tight and could be added and rechromed at a chrome shop. $395 ppd in USA, actual shipping cost out of USA. View attachment 25649 View attachment 25650

Last edited:

jack Bacon

Silver Level Sponsor
I purchased this at SUNI from one of the guys in the parts room. He said he has a guys that refurbs them and puts in an electronic mechanism.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jack. For your ref the clock is the correct one for SV alpine and MKIA and MKII tigers.

Gotta disagree here, Michael. Tho Jack's clock has the right look, the 'correct' time clock for the SV and MKIa/MKII has FOR NEGATIVE EARTH above the 12 and CE3131/01 at the bottom.

Mark ..... v

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Okay you guys need a laughable moment...
At a concourse training seminar it was said why when two cars are equal we're going to look for the negative ground on the case of somebody's clock. If they ask me to stand on my head with my head underneath the dash to look at that I would laugh at them out loud and say hold my beer and I'll give it a try, :)

Jaguar clock guy.com does the conversions without ruining the lovely ticking sound that the clocks make. If you want to look really closely you can tell the ones that have vinyl letters versus a silk screened painted dial.

cdk84

Donation Time
Hey, Steve:

Thanks so much for posting Ian's article.

I found it very helpful.

Cheers,

David