• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

In need of a single piston

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
Unfortunately, my engine shop dropped one of my new pistons and I can't buy a single one here in the USA.
Sunbeam specialties is out of them and classic sunbeam only sells a set of 4. The shop is willing to pay fot the set of 4 but I am trying to avoid it.
I am looking for a single +20 piston for a series 4 sunbeam alpine.
Either you have one to sell or can point me to a supplier that may have availability. Thanks!

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I saw your facebook post. Your pistons do not look like normal hepolite OEM pistons, I would be concerned any pistons you find may not have the same dish volume as what you have or have the same piston weight.

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
That was my fear. I feel bad for the shop... But I guess I will have to ask them to pay for the new set of 4

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
I have no idea if it can be repaired.
Anyway, the shop paid for the new set and they were nice.
At this point I have 3 new +20 pistons for sale.

I'm about to start to put the engine back together. Originally I was painting it black as it was. But I may go with red after all, blood and tears of the rebuild

Any suggestions for which brand/product of paint to use?

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
Almost ready to assemble. I vapor blasted some parts and unfortunately I think I have to replace the balancer and one gear.
Considering the new stuff with seal. Worth it? Or should I just find a decent used balancer...

Attachments

• 20220330_190112.jpg
    20220330_190112.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220330_190049.jpg
    20220330_190049.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220330_190217.jpg
    20220330_190217.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 45

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
JoesRestorationRescue is where I bought my damper Bought the billet cover from SS

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
REPLACING PISTONS, always use a "matched set". preferably " BALANCED". THAT DEEP INTO AN ENGINE, ALL MOVING PARTS SHOULD BE MATCHED AND BALANCED. Cheap is very seldom best.

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Where are you? I have a complete 1725 engine free. Come get it. Plan to carry to salvage for scrap. located in North Alabama

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
That was my fear. I feel bad for the shop... But I guess I will have to ask them to pay for the new set of 4
Thats the way of it, THEY broke it, they need to step up and buy a" full set of matching pistons" ! why should You be burdoned with this ?