• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just wanted to say thanks

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yesterday, I could not get to this site. I emailed DanR and he got Greggers and Jim Stone involved.
I am happy to report that, due to whatever they did, the site is now found and loads again.
Thanks to all. If I missed anyone that worked on this, sorry. And thanks to you to.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks goes to those "other" Guys, especially Greggers for all and I mean "ALL" the work he does behind-the-scenes

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had the same issues here in NY. Spoke to two other members over the weekend and they were able to get on.
Last night was the first time since Friday I could access the site.
Many thanks to those that put it right! ( thought it was just me!) Would be lost without it!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had the same issues here in NY. Spoke to two other members over the weekend and they were able to get on.
Last night was the first time since Friday I could access the site.
Many thanks to those that put it right! ( thought it was just me!) Would be lost without it!
Are you on Comcast or xfinity?

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I second the prodigious job Greg and Jim do for SAOCA.

My internet was working for all manner of other internet links. However, I too was unable to connect to SAOCA while talking on the phone to Glenn Brackenridge in England on Friday. I mentioned to Glenn I couldn't get onto SAOCA. He tried from his computer and was successful. I was able to get on later in the day. My conclusion, Gremlins mucking about.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
No thanks is necessary. The toil is its own reward. Well, that and the six-figure salary the club pays me ($0000.00 is still six figures, right?).

But what can I say? It’s in my nature that when I see someone struggling with a pickle jar, I feel compelled to pop it loose.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am on Optimum (aka Altice) and had the same problems. I also had the problem trying to access from my phone via TMobile. In the end, I always fall back on the explanation a colleague of mine used many years ago to explain the random problems that occur when microprocessors are involved: Stray gamma rays.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
MikeH, glad you got it resolved.
The site is not the same without you! You have helped me alot and I THANK YOU

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I understand they are the same. I listed both thinking it could be marketed differently, based on location.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I blame Lucas DNS servers..

This! Maybe not Lucas, but definitely a Domain Name Server (DNS) problem. Changing the DNS settings on my router from "Obtain Automatically" (i.e., Comcast DNS servers associated with my Comcast internet service) to 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67. 220.220 (OpenDNS) immediately solved the problem.

FWIW, Comcast (dba Xfinity) has multiple DNS servers for different geographical areas and the Comcast DNS lookup issue may not have been the same for all Comcast internet customers.