• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Solonoid

Hodee

Donation Time
When I turn the key, I get a loud click from the solonoid. Battery has plenty of juice. I’m thinking the solonoid is bad as all the cables have been checked and tightened. Thoughts? I have a Ser V with the original solonoid with the rubber push button. Anybody know where I could buy one? Thanks

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hodee,

Before you declare your solenoid unusable, check it with a multimeter or test light to see if when the key is operated, you do or do not see voltage on the starter cable connection terminal. Making a click generally means the solenoid is operational, mechanically anyway.

Hope this helps,

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you need to replace it, you can find one on Moss Motors,
Part Number 546-020, $26.99

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does Moss sell one with the rubber push button?
My understanding was that these are pretty hard to locate.
Thanks

mikephillips

Donation Time
That one comes with the rubber push button, although it may not have the embossed Lucas logo on the rubber cover. If that is really important then they sell a replacement rubber with it, part 8710 in their Jaguar catalogs

Hodee

Donation Time
I got the new solonoid from Moss with the push button. They had A LOT of them in stock. But, while waiting for it to arrive, I did the old tap the Solonoid with a blunt object, and it has started fine the past 7-8 restarts. No more sticking !!! I guess I have a spare one for when it really goes out.

loose_electron

Donation Time
I got the new solonoid from Moss with the push button. They had A LOT of them in stock. But, while waiting for it to arrive, I did the old tap the Solonoid with a blunt object, and it has started fine the past 7-8 restarts. No more sticking !!! I guess I have a spare one for when it really goes out.
Put the new one in and keep the old one. One less ticking time bomb waiting to fail again.