• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine S 1 & 2 Switch ring tabs

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone have info regarding this please let me know here. Thanks. Dave G

Enter "switch labels" in the search box at the top right (immediately under your user name when you are logged-in) of this page. Lots of info.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Dave I have some originals at a much better price than that place.....

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It has been more than a few years, but I bought a set of Kip's labels for someone in Australia and was not impressed with their quality. They sent me a new set that was better, but still not great. Personally, I'd buy and restore originals if at all possible.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I've seen those. may end up with those. just saying, $120 for 4 pieces of plastic that SHOULD top out at $5 each ! I know, "supply and demand". I do not Demand them. LOL

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I believe Rick Guest may have manufactured some. These do not have the original curvature but are a lot cheaper.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I've seen those. may end up with those. just saying, $120 for 4 pieces of plastic that SHOULD top out at $5 each ! I know, "supply and demand". I do not Demand them. LOL
Not sure how a part with double curvature and reverse engraving that would be very limited production would be $5 each.... Even using a cnc machine the time alone would cost more than that

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
wasn't talking about someone re making them. would almost seem impossible. to me (To ME), a waste of money

alpine_64

Donation Time
Couldn't someone with a 3D printer make them?
Youd likely need to finish them after with wet and dry in the concave face and the tigthenss of the recessed lettering would require a very good fine detail printer.

A powder printer would be the best bet for a decent finish..not sure they can do pure clear material

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree, Michael. Or you could 3D print using water soluble supports to fill the letters. The tricky bit would be getting a nice clear crystal look for the top. If done with PETG you can expose it to acetone and get some gloss.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor