• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II windshield and door post on Series I car

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
I have a series I car using a series II windshield and front door post - see picture. The series I front door post is very small -3 to 4 inches tall and they almost always are broken due to force closing the door. The series II front door post is tall going all the way to the top of the car. Its made of steel and is much stronger. It used the same attach points on the inside door panel as the series I, BUT has one attach point on the outside door panel.

I need to know what the brace looks like inside the door on the outside panel skin so I can fab the brace.

John

Attachments

• DSC04324.JPG
    DSC04324.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 36

alpine_64

Donation Time
Of you are reffering to the hole on the extrnral face of the guide. It was a screw that went into a vertical tab from near the inner window channel that had a hole for the screw thead to seat. I cant access a photo for you but someone will xome along soon im sure

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
That "somebody" might be me:

IMG_20211219_081910.jpg

Actually a rather simple steel bracket with a caged square nut. In the case shown still with the sheared off remains of the original fastening screw. They almost all rust rock solid, don't they...

Last edited: