• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger steering wheel hub rebuild kits-member priced

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
DSC01810.JPG DSC01814.JPG DSC00714.JPG Special SAOCA member's price for a complete replacement steering wheel hub assembly to fit all Sunbeam Tigers and Sunbeam Alpine Series 3, S4, and SV's.
These are made from Delrin-a very hard and machinable plastic and they will replace the cracked or poorly repaired steering wheel hub that you have to look at every time you drive your car. These are easy to install, won’t ever crack, and they are made in the USA.
$335 which includes the shipping and insurance. Payment is by PayPal. Please P.M. me if from Canada or overseas for shipping rates or if you have any other questions.
Thank you, Eric.

PatrickKing

Silver Level Sponsor
View attachment 17134 View attachment 17135 View attachment 17136 Special SAOCA member's price for a complete replacement steering wheel hub assembly to fit all Sunbeam Tigers and Sunbeam Alpine Series 3, S4, and SV's.
These are made from Delrin-a very hard and machinable plastic and they will replace the cracked or poorly repaired steering wheel hub that you have to look at every time you drive your car. These are easy to install, won’t ever crack, and they are made in the USA.
$335 which includes the shipping and insurance. Payment is by PayPal. Please P.M. me if from Canada or overseas for shipping rates or if you have any other questions.
Thank you, Eric.
I am interested in the steering wheel hub can you do any better on price if I buy five or six of these?

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure will-I sent you a PM.
And thanks for joining the SAOCA! Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys, Here's a couple PIC's of my NEW steering wheel hub for my '65 SIVa 94103819 ST OD LRX 70 (Colour code Maroon).

Makes for an absolutely beautiful replacement piece for a Sunbeam Alpine steering wheel that is cracked and possibly a safety hazard. If you will look closely I have included the pieces of the original. They were distorted, cracked and coming apart very slowly.

The new hub surely improves the looks of my Alpine and gives me some pride in displaying at various shows I shall be attending.

Only thing I did while assembling was to shorten the three (3) bolts provided in the kit by 3/8" of an inch. Only because they stuck out by that much on the underside.

Thank you both (Eric & Al) for making a sizeable investment in producing this grand product,

DanR

Attachments

• Sunbeam Alpine Steering Hub - New - perfect fit       20201216_182111.jpg
    Sunbeam Alpine Steering Hub - New - perfect fit 20201216_182111.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Sunbeam Alpine Steering Hub - New - perfect fit for my 65 SIV ST  20201216_182100.jpg
    Sunbeam Alpine Steering Hub - New - perfect fit for my 65 SIV ST 20201216_182100.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 149

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, most certainly!

I installed one of these new hubs in my Blue Boy V6 about 2 years ago.

Have a PIC somewhere....received lots of favorable comments too.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words Dan!
Yes all the original parts fit up to this new steering wheel hub repair kit with no modifications. This is shaped and looks just like the original one except that it won't ever crack, fall apart-or dry out..... We have sold over 70 of these the last 3 years with no complaints or problems! Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Scotty, Just spoke with Eric a few days ago! He had a couple left. I didn't buy them all:)

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
We just had our last batch of these made and once they are gone......
All in price of $335 includes USA shipping and insurance via USPS Priority Mail. Get one for yourself or your Sunbeam for Christmas!
Don't let your original hub turn into this one that I saw at SUNI-and yes, he did buy a new kit from me to fix his.

Bad hub.jpg

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry but there are just so few of the early cars left that we decided to focus on the later cars when we made up the new replacement hubs as it is a much larger market.

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
I purchased on of these off Ebay in June. They work really well. It was a bit tricky to install because the previous owner had tried to repair with rubber cement. Ended up in dozens of pieces. Once installed correctly, I discovered that the steering wheel on the Series V telescopes ! Thanks for such a great repro product.Steering Wheel hub.jpg

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting the photo of your old hub! Looks like a puzzle that was glued together. And thanks to everyone for the good feedback. Al G and I are proud to offer these for sale and they will really improve how your steering wheel looks!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought one for Blue Boy when I first saw them.... Great product. Bought three more as soon as the money became available for more of my Alpines....

Sure makes the Alpine appear as beautiful as intended. Lots of comments at Shows too!

Last edited: