• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Interior reconstruction

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Howdy Folks,
Recently purchased a miscellaneous interior trim kit from SS got lots of pieces, l also have a new carpet kit all of which is heading for my Series V conversion (that was an empty shell) along with a soft top etc. My question is where in the world do you start? As in what would be the order to put this back together, not really interested in installing something only to need to remove it to put another piece in, you know the trial and error method.
Thanks for any pointers and or tips and tricks.
Tom j

BTW I put this in the stock forum since the ony difference is the carpet layout

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
I did the under pieces on the tunnel area that the console box sits on, the sills, the vertical part of the parcel shelf, then the main part of the tunnel, the pans and the horizontal part of the shelf.
I glued the back pieces on tunnel, the sills and vertical part of the shelf and used snaps on the rest of it.

I kind of had to work my way through it because I never found a set of instructions or a video on installation. It came down to what parts would end up on top and what pieces needed to be underneath them.

I did most of my interior panels but I don’t know which ones you’re installing, so I can’t comment on that.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
The best approach is to work out what lays on top of what then reverse that order.
The above appraoch is a good guide

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the replies. I think pretty much the carpet goes last. The interior trim is where I'm stuck finding a starting point rear waist roll, trim panels behind the seats, trunk curtain, rear door opening trim . Kick panels are kinda on their own so no issue with them. It seems the rear trim has a lot of gluing to be done, thus my caution to start triming and fitting.
Thanks again, Tom j

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Start at the bottom and work your way up on the package surround sides, before carpet. Start on the sills with the carpet, kick panels go in last. Once you get going it will not seem so daunting, in other words "just do it"