• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Camshaft Needed

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi folks, I am in need of a camshaft in good condition for a 1725 engine. If anyone has one to spare I would sure appreciate hearing from you.
I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks,
Alan

AlsPine

Donation Time
Any used cam shaft that you pick up will need a re grind, and a fresh set of lifters.
If your original cam shaft is in used shape with normal wear, Delta cam can re grind it for around $100. they can also re surface your lifters.
The KB grind is the most common grind that most people have had done.
They can also re surface the rocker faces.
Good luck with your project.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Thanks, Al. My crankshaft is apparently beyond re grinding hence my search for another one. Hopefully one will turn up here.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi again. I’ve got a lead on a camshaft from a Sunbeam Alpine fastback. I see that the part no for a Series V camshaft is 1235930 s/d by 1239455. Anybody have a part no for a fastback Alpine camshaft?
Thanks,
Alan

alpine_64

Donation Time
Make sure the cam for a fastback is an allpy head motor.. The arrow cars also used iron head 1725 motors

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi folks, I am in need of a camshaft in good condition for a 1725 engine. If anyone has one to spare I would sure appreciate hearing from you.
I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks,
Alan
Rootes parts in Holland has new cams for 1725, 1592, Iron heads and alloy.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have 2 cams here in Ontario. One stamped MC24813 / 1981198 the other MC242315N / 1981080.
Not sure if these will work for you as I can't seem to confirm part #s.
maybe someone else can identify the numbers I have.
Cheers

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Checked my cams pretty close. Rust has gotten hold of the wear areas on the lobes and other locations. May not be worth while considering.
I could have machinist check them over as to viability.
Bob

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Thanks to everyone for their help. My garage has located a camshaft with the same part no. as mine.
Cheers,
Alan

AlsPine

Donation Time
When cam grinding shops are re profiling cams, they can add metal on the lobes by welding, then they grind the new profile.
Glad your shop found another cam shaft.
Just make sure that the distributor drive gear on the cam has the same number of teeth as your original.