• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Offy 2.8 v6 manifold. Hold onto your socks.

Dillon65

Donation Time
Summit Racing has decided to raise the price of the offy 6097DP manifold to $1050.00. An increase of $400.00. And they only have a few left in stock. I received a response from Offenhauser that they will not stop production of such a popular manifold, but they don't set retail price. On the good side, they are in the process of recasting the 6116DP (2.6 v6) manifold that might be slightly modified to fit on the 2.9 v6

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Racer Walsh has the 2.8 Offy intake for $620 which is about twice what it is worth. I think the stock Ford Ranger intake ported and 350 Holley 2barrel would make almost as much power at a lot lower cost. Morana made it into a 4 barrel but again, very expensive.

Racer Walsh:
2.8 – Racer Walsh

Morana Ranger 2 barrel to 4 barrel conversion:

ranger to 4 barrel.jpg

Last edited:

Dillon65

Donation Time
Yes I saw that and also talk to Morana racing. They also will modify your stock 2 bbl manifold into a 4 bbl for about $600, but it is meant more for higher rpm. I was also wondering about modifying the two bbl manifold and running the fitech 2 bbl efi with their stand alone their high pressure pump unit. The high pressure fuel pump is not in the tank.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
A few have done the Holley Sniper 2 barrel.
After a long lull we are about ready to do a dyno run on my 2.8 V6 with a stock intake that has been modified to increase flow and a 2 bbl carb from a Mustang II...I'm going to ultimately put a Holley Sniper 2 bbl on when the engine goes in the car.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
We're going with the DanR recommended grind. I don't have the specs in front of me but he's posted them previously.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Bill, Good choice, I recommended the Comp Cams grind Dan uses. Racer Walsh Stage one and Camcraft offer similar grinds.