• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SU Fuel Pump Bolt Thread

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Does anyone know what the thread type/size is for this hole in the SU Pump (AUI 301)?

Thanks

Attachments

• SUPumpNeg.jpg
    SUPumpNeg.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 21

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I believe they are 5/16 BSF (22 tpi), Pete. However, you could check, as there are reports that some are 5/16 UNF (24 tpi).

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
I do not know, but the ballpark you are in includes 8 x 1.25 mm.....maybe see if a new bolt fits with finger tightening. You have four thread pitches in that diameter; 1.05 (5/16"UNF), 1.1 (5/16" BSF), 1.25 (8x1.25 Metric), and 1.4 (5/16" UNC) millimeters per thread. There has been little use of Whitworth, or British Standard threaded fasteners on anything I have seen made after 1956. The MG cars used some Whitworth wrench sizes, but the fasteners had Metric threads. I would be careful assuming anything here.

Last edited: