• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

VDO Vision Chrome speedo and tach

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
It looks like I have drug my feet too long on buying new gauges for my project. I had intended to buy the VDO 6 gauge set part #600-99261. I can't find one for sale anywhere on the interwebs, nor on VDOs web site. Other than $peedhut, what other options are there that include 4" speedometer and tach?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Why not use stock gauges and have them rebuilt to work with your new driveline...

Or... Jim G makes replica sunbeam tach and speedo that use gps and magnetic pickups... Juts a thought

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have to check my spares. I have an old VDO set that Joel didn’t use. Don’t appear to have ever been installed. I’ll post a picture.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
My thought on the original gauges is English electronics have never been great, and 50 year old English electronics even less so.

I would be interested in your old set of gauges.

alpine_64

Donation Time
My thought on the original gauges is English electronics have never been great, and 50 year old English electronics even less so.

I would be interested in your old set of gauges.
The ones i mentioned are new.. And look factory.. If thsts important to you

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very interesting. I may now consider a tach from Jim paired with some of the made in India smiths knock offs (those only come with a mechanical tach). If I dont end up with the VDO set mentioned above.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I think jim has offered his volt meters on the saoca before but not the others as they were more tiger specific.... His 8k tach and 140mph speedo would be good for a V6... The sigitial and gps driven ones are an interesting approach... Not my pref.. But great to offer

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Just build a dash for the ones you like.
Image-354-XL.jpg

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I ended up finding a set of the VDO gauges that had been a store display. I will have to source the various senders separately. Wish me luck with them.

Last edited: