• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tool Roll Location

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
With some help pictures were located on the correct placement of the tool rolls on a S2 and S5, however it is unclear on how the rolls were attached to the body in these locations.
Any help appreciated or better pictures will tell the story
Thanks

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
They are attached with a strap, riveted to the location with a metal piece. The strap has a unique buckle and metal tip, like the one pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 52

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
A former forum member was selling repro straps periodically on EBay. Not sure if he still does. They look pretty close to original. The buckle is slightly different.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
The buckle is actaully the same used for some camping and sadle products.

Lance ( moonstonesiv) had located one that was correct a while back

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I believe there was a strap that was sold by Moss motors and could be cut down to fit.
I didn't pay much attention to it but that's what I recall.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've seen 3-4 reproduction tool roll straps and all of them were obvious repros, including the Moss and one that a a shamed former SAOCA member hawks on eBay. So if original appearance isn't important to you one of these will suit.

But if you want one that's closer to original I may have your solution.

A few years ago I came across a guy in the UK who had a bunch of NOS utility straps from a 1960's Rootes Humber military vehicle. Like the Moss strap, it is too long and would need shortened (and dyed). But the buckle is a spot-on match to the Alpine SI-SV, being thicker and having the 'flared tails' on all four corners. I bought them all and the first two dozen were scooped up by restoration shops.

If anyone has interest, I'll send a few pics and details if you send a direct email to:

volvoguys@comcast.net

Mark ..... volvoguys