• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Girling brake servo

Depcons

Donation Time
Hello
I have acquired A 1966 Sunbeam Alpine. You guys helped me on my soft top. And for that I thank you. Now this came with a Girling brake servo. It was not attached. But I have found where it goes. Now for the problem. How it hooks up? Any where I could look for one already hooked up?
Thanks Richard
PS is there a divice that I could hold in my hand and wave over the car and all the parts would appear in the correct place and work perfectly? I need one

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Are you sure that servo is good? Many have been removed as they fail over the years-sometimes with spectacular results!
Do you hear brake fluid sloshing around if you shake the servo unit?

Depcons

Donation Time
I have not shaken it.
Is the master cylinder for the servo and a regular master cylinder the same. As I have a very hard peddle that travels about 1” or a little more. I adjusted the rear brakes and it does stop better