• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Blue Alpine on Nancy Drew

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Noticed an early series blue Alpine on the Nancy Drew series, my wife is watching.
anyone know whos it is?
Bobbo

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
I got hooked on the show when I saw the Alpine in the previews. The show is mostly supernatural (not girly) which I'm a sci-fi fan anyway.
I'm restoring a like series 3st, thinking of painting it blue and naming her Nancy.
The picture in the post above looks darker than what I's seen in the show. Does anyone know what color blue it is?

Rick Young

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you enjoy watching shows with LBCs. Modern Love Season 2 Episode 1 "on a Serpentine Road With the Top Down" features a Triumph Stag.
Nice story as well.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
I don't think that's an original color. The only blue available for S3 was light blue metallic, which was lighter and a different shade - at least it looks different in the photos.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
S3 was light blue metallic
I had a S3 GT that was Wedgewood blue, black seats and lt blue piping. But the car in question
is not in an original color, or at least it doesn't appear so.

Ricks right, that Modern Love episode is a great one, centered around the Stag!

Aldave

Donation Time
Factory paint on mine for now. Getting First upload_2021-10-23_18-10-23.pngnew paint in 60 years over the winter. hope this helps. from Rootes parts manual.

Last edited:

Aldave

Donation Time
I got hooked on the show when I saw the Alpine in the previews. The show is mostly supernatural (not girly) which I'm a sci-fi fan anyway.
I'm restoring a like series 3st, thinking of painting it blue and naming her Nancy.
The picture in the post above looks darker than what I's seen in the show. Does anyone know what color blue it is?
Rootes Group Manufacturer Paint Color Reference (uniquecarsandparts.com.au) Rootes Paint Codes (humber.org.uk) This is Your definitive answer. Regards, Dave.