• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sad news re: a former member

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim, You mention this "I just remember when it had a really hot 1725 with DCOEs." Is that the engine powering my Venezia?? I got it from Jim when he was getting into the V6 scene. It came with a full description of what all he did to it.
I always wondered where Jim was, never saw anymore postings of the Dark Vader. Now I feel sorry to hear he is no longer with us. My condolences to his family.
Robert

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It might be, Robert. I remember him telling me he had an engine going to a "very special car" that later turned out to be yours, but don't recall if that was the one he had in the OGM or the next one he built. As I recall, that one was even hotter than the one he had in the OGM. Is you engine freshly rebuilt or does it look like it had been run for a while?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wally's Alpine and onlookers.jpg Jim's Hill-mon.jpg Anyone else have photos of Jim?
Here are a few when Russ, Jim and Bill came by years ago to visit and to take Jim's Hillman to VA.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim built the OGM dcoe motor and also the dcoe motor for bob averys car.

Iirc the avery cars motor was fresh build and the OGM went to Robert.

@Jaars hope you are taking care from one of your many friends down under ;)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a couple of photos from when Jim 'helped' me get my SIV ready for the V6, the work documented in this article from the Marque: http://sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/issue_16.pdf

8185B2FC-DABF-4811-845C-5B2CFD770AF0_1_105_c.jpeg D5E578AF-95D1-4DC6-9E0C-EFBB9479F54E_1_105_c.jpeg

Also, I recently discovered that the last issue of the Marque had an article by Dwain Cooke talking about a road trip he and Jim took to visit with V6 Jose in 2006. There were a bunch of good photos of Jim in that.

Picture1.png Picture2.png Picture3.png

Last edited: