• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Re-Skin Top Header Bow

thill35803

Platinum Level Sponsor
Has anybody re-skinned their top header bow? I am referring to the part attaches to the windshield frame when the top is up.

Mine has some rust perforation on the top part that has the top vinyl glued to it. Its not horrible but it will need to be addressed. The bottom part that carries the top latches and spigot sockets is solid.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If I read you correctly, I have had several of mine Chem-Dipped removing any rust and other foreign matter including paint. Treated/patched any of the rust holes/areas and put back in use.

thill35803

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mine has substantial pitting all over the top of the bow with several small holes. I am soaking it in Evaporust to remove the corrosion. I am trying to decide if I want to replace the metal completely or simply fill it with Bondo. I'm leaning towards the Bondo since the metal has a good bit of curvature.