• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Want to buy- 1960-1963 Alpine with Hardtop (Series 1 or 2)

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Robin,

You might contact racerguy99 about the sII he has posted in the "For Sale" section. I'm not sure if it is still available but might be worth a try.

Have fun,

alpine_64

Donation Time
It is certainly an interesting car. Someone spent a lot of money on the seats and door panels, and appears to have skimped everywhere else. I have never seen anything like the mirror in the clock hole and what is up with the fuse panel in the glovebox? Still, I doubt it will bring a lot of money at auction and it could be a good start if it is solid. Maybe one of our local members could go check it out?

Lots of odd things on that car. ... The way the sills are repaired. And some other things would make me think if it is solid.. The panels may not be the best repro parts....

Would really need to see in person

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would suggest it could be quite and extensive amount of work to get this car right... From the bodywork shown there are some less than perfect replacement panels.. Which begs a lot of question about the things not shown... And odd placement of things like the fusebox are just more red flags to me of someone just making do and modofying things as they go

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Robin, I have a series 2 (titled in 63) unfinished project I would sell for $12k all hard work done...it was a barn find...all metal work done, very solid body, fresh paint ( british racing green) and Lots and Lots of new repro parts (too many to list here) but car needs to be put together.......Contact me for more details, list of parts and pictures....stock drive train , head refurbished but short block not....Mike Schreiner. Jupiter , Florida mikeflbmer@yahoo.com bumpers re-chromed, seats redone..new dash pad..new top, new carpet,new boot cover...door panels... new MC slave cyl, new starter,....new tires (wire wheels) ect ect ect it is all there

Attachments

• DSCF4050.JPG
    DSCF4050.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF4052.JPG
    DSCF4052.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF4045.JPG
    DSCF4045.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 53

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks- yes I concur and did not bid on that car.
I would suggest it could be quite and extensive amount of work to get this car right... From the bodywork shown there are some less than perfect replacement panels.. Which begs a lot of question about the things not shown... And odd placement of things like the fusebox are just more red flags to me of someone just making do and modofying things as they go

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow! Very interesting! Your series 2 sounds like a hearty project for sure. I love the idea, but since my husband is the chief mechanic and I am the newbie apprentice, I better check with him to see how he feels about a big project car like yours.

Robin, I have a series 2 (titled in 63) unfinished project I would sell for $12k all hard work done...it was a barn find...all metal work done, very solid body, fresh paint ( british racing green) and Lots and Lots of new repro parts (too many to list here) but car needs to be put together.......Contact me for more details, list of parts and pictures....stock drive train , head refurbished but short block not....Mike Schreiner. Jupiter , Florida mikeflbmer@yahoo.com bumpers re-chromed, seats redone..new dash pad..new top, new carpet,new boot cover...door panels... new MC slave cyl, new starter,....new tires (wire wheels) ect ect ect it is all there

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great deal. It is very easy to get that amount of money into a painted shell. That makes the parts almost free.
Bill

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Great deal. It is very easy to get that amount of money into a painted shell. That makes the parts almost free.
Bill
Yes....losing money at that price.......more than that was spent before the paint
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-sunbeam-alpine-5/
I am looking at this car listed in BAT- does anyone have comment on why there might be a fuse box in the glove box?
Has anyone in Orange County looked at this car?
the guy added fuses to the system and made a panel there to house them.....These cars come with only two fuses for the whole car......so it is wise to add more fuses to the system and for any accessories added like radio, fog lamps ect......The original two fuses is asking for trouble....I was driving my tiger at night in miami years ago when smoke came pouring out under the dash as a short somewhere melted wire.....I pulled over and disconected the battery to make it stop

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
the guy added fuses to the system and made a panel there to house them.....These cars come with only two fuses for the whole car......so it is wise to add more fuses to the system and for any accessories added like radio, fog lamps ect......The original two fuses is asking for trouble....I was driving my tiger at night in miami years ago when smoke came pouring out under the dash as a short somewhere melted wire.....I pulled over and disconected the battery to make it stop

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Are you thinking of selling and want a great home for your car?
I have admired Alpines for years and years and now I'm finally ready to buy.
Need solid chassis and body. I would like stock running gear with a hard top and clear title.

I will take excellent care of the car. My husband is a decent hobby mechanic (cared for his 1969 Porcshe 912 for decades).

Please contact me - robinrob@comcast.net
Thanks so much!
~Robin
Did you see this one on ebay....Looks like a deal to me....Grab it...rust free and good price 1960 Sunbeam Alpine Rust Free With Hardtop Needs Work Project | eBay

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
This looks like rust and it looks like someone tried to repair it. You should not see the vertical seam.
s-l1600%20%281%29-XL.jpg