• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted tire hold down strap early series

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Don't think you will find a used one that's not either cut or rusted badly. A universal battery box for say a boat battery comes with a strap that is close to the correct size. Then it's get out the sewing machine to replicate an original. JMO.

molly2010

Silver Level Sponsor
Don't think you will find a used one that's not either cut or rusted badly. A universal battery box for say a boat battery comes with a strap that is close to the correct size. Then it's get out the sewing machine to replicate an original. JMO.
Thank you it's a start to my long journey

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gotta agree that any used ones you'll find are typically very rusty or cut. A few years ago I came across a guy in the UK who had NOS Humber (Rootes) straps that had the the weave and buckles that were spot-on matches to the ones in our cars. They're too long and will need to be cut down. They're also green so if you would have to stain them if you didn't like the color.

I'm almost out but have a few left so if you're interested send a direct email to:

volvoguys@comcast.net

I'll reply with a few pics.

Mark ..... volvoguys

molly2010

Silver Level Sponsor
Gotta agree that any used ones you'll find are typically very rusty or cut. A few years ago I came across a guy in the UK who had NOS Humber (Rootes) straps that had the the weave and buckles that were spot-on matches to the ones in our cars. They're too long and will need to be cut down. They're also green so if you would have to stain them if you didn't like the color.

I'm almost out but have a few left so if you're interested send a direct email to:

volvoguys@comcast.net

I'll reply with a few pics.

Mark ..... volvoguys
Thank you all for the help !

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I became frustrated trying to locate an original strap for my Series II, so I made one from leather and am happy with the result, although not original.